Universidad de Burgos
Universidad de Burgos
  • Ingles
  • Portugues
  • Chino

Besides sending your application form   as a visiting student you must keep in mind the following points:


Students coming from non-EU or EEA countries must obtain a student visa in order to study in Spain. Once your admission has been approved, the International Office will send to your address an official invitation letter that you will need to bring to the nearest Spanish embassy or consulate alonside with further documentation to apply for a student visa. You should do this well in advance.You can look for the nearest Spanish Embassy or Consulates in your home country at :

http://www.mae.es/Este enlace se abrirá en una ventana emergente (Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs)

It is the responsability of each student to comply with all the legal procedures related to immigration issues and legal stay in Spain.


All students must have full medical insurance prior to registration (third-part liability insurance is not necessary).

  •  Nationals from Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland and EU:

Students coming from the countries mentioned are entitled to the same public healthcare services as the residents of the country they are visiting. They should apply for the European Health Insurance Cardat the local social security or sickness insurance office in their home countries.

  • Citizens from other countries must get private medical insurance covering medical assistance and hospitalisation, including repatriation cover, before coming to Spain that will cover expenses incurred abroad. It is the students' responsibility to ask their insurance company about the procedure to follow in Spain in case of needing medical assistance.

If you wish to buy a Spanish medical insurance policy, here are some of the main companies:

http://www.sanitas.es/Este enlace se abrirá en una ventana emergente

http://www.mapfre.es/Este enlace se abrirá en una ventana emergente

http://www.adeslas.es/Este enlace se abrirá en una ventana emergente

If you enter Spain with a student visa you will need full details about your medical insurance in Spanish (official translation) in order to enclose it with your application for a "prórroga de estancia "(under 6 months) or "Autorización de Estancia por estudios " (over 6 months) to the Oficina de Extranjeros . "Full details" means your personal data, insurance policy number and description of the coverage (period and items covered)


The University of Burgos does not arrange any kind of temporary or permanent housing for international visiting students. If you wish to reserve some form of temporary accommodation for the first days in a hotel or hostel, you will find some useful information in the following websites:

http://burgos.lanetro.com/Este enlace se abrirá en una ventana emergente (section "Alojamiento" )

http//www.turismocastillayleon.comEste enlace se abrirá en una ventana emergente



Buscapersonas UBUVirtual

Buscapersonas- UBUVirtual
Universidad de Burgos
Universidad de Burgos
Resolución recomendada: 1024 x 768