Syllabus of the Master in Advanced Chemistry
The quality of the Master in Advanced Chemistry is directly linked to the high training of all the teachers that participate in this Master. All of them are very active both in research and in teaching.
The main research lines of the research groups in which work the different teachers of the Master in Advanced Chemistry are:
1. Advances in Electroanalysis: development and application of sensors and multirresponse techniques
- Electrochemical sensors and biosensors (ELAN)
- Development of multiresponse electrochemical techniques and their application in Nanotechnology and Biochemistry (GAIN)
2. Chemometrics and Qualimetry (Q&C)
- Data-intensive scientific discovery. Multivariate, multiway data analysis. Pattern recognition. Design of experiments. Statistical control of process and products.
3. Computational Chemistry
- Numerical and computational methods applied to the analysis of significant chemical systems. (GMAMMI. GSM, FISMAT-UBU)
4. Reaction mechanisms and thermosphysic properties of complex systems
- Kinetic, reaction mechanisms and thermophysic properties of biological systems (TERMOCIN)
- Thermophysic properties of liquid or gases mixtures (TML)
5. Development of new synthetic methodologies for a more sustainable chemistry
- Development of new methods in organic synthesis (SINTORG)
- Synthesis of oxometallic complexes and their catalytic activity in oxygen transfer reactions (MOWUTO).
- New compounds of metallic ions with polydentate ligands of special biological interest: relationship between structure and properties. More info: 1
6. Fluorescent chemical sensors and metal complexes in artificial photosynthesis
- Detection and discrimination of organic contaminants and metabolites of high environmental impact by means of fluorogenic probes (SUPRABUR).
- Transition metal complexes useful in CO2 reduction, photochemical decomposition of water, catalysis or as therapeutic agents (AMIDORUCA).
7. Synthesis, characterization, properties and applications of polymers
- Organic materials: polymeric sensors, conducting polymers, aromatic polyamide (POLYMERS).
- Organic-inorganic hybrid materials. More info: 1.
8. Organic compounds with applications in biomedicine (BIOORG)
- Development of small molecule transmembrane anion transporters.
- Supramolecular chemistry.
- Multicomponent reaction for the synthesis of complex heterocyclic compounds.
- Asymmetric synthesis.
- Computational chemistry
9. Environmental and Industrial Biotechnology (BIOIND)
- Development of new applications of clean technologies (e.g.: supercritical fluid technologies, membrane technologies, etc.) to obtain new processes and products.
- Formulation of new products (nano-emulsions, micro and nano-capsules as niosomes, etc.)
- Development of bioreactors for the treatment and recovery of industrial wastewater and biowaste.
The next link includes the research articles published by the different research groups whose professors are involved in the Master in Advanced Chemistry