A warm welcome from the staff working at Burgos University. Bienvenida a los estudiantes visitantes de parte de las personas que trabajan en la Biblioteca de la Universidad de Burgos
A warm welcome from the staff working at Burgos University Library.
We have three libraries where you will be able to find all of the necessary resources and information, so that you can develop your learning, teaching and research activities. The University Library is formed of libraries and library service points in buildings located on two campuses:
- The General Library buildings, the Science Service Point, the Humanities and Education Service Point, and the Polytechnic Library, situated on the San Amaro Campus.
- The Polytechnic Library building on the Río Vena Campus.
We have devised a wide range of services which will enable you to integrate information resources into your scientific activities, and we have invested in the development of electronic collections and on-line services, in order to create a digital library, available 24 hours a day, that may be visited from any Internet access point.
When you enrol at the University, you are provided with:
- An institutional e-mail account with a password that is made available on enrolment. You may also use this account to identify yourself when you connect over a Wifi wireless network with your laptop computer.
- A university identity card : with which you will be able to use the library services (book loans, Off-Campus remote access, consult ‘My user account'...). The identity card is valid throughout the time that you are registered as a student.
Off-Campus access enables you, from your home, to consult all the electronic resources held at the Library via any computer connected to the Internet, using your surname and the barcode of your university identity card.
It is also possible via the library Web to consult the electronic resources available from the:
- Electronic Journals
- Electronic Books
- The repository of doctoral theses read at the University of Burgos
Through the UBUCAT catalogue , you have access to the entire library collection, as well as remote on-line access to the complete texts of all electronic resources. You can:
- Search the collection (printed and digital books, journals, newspapers, databases...).
- Access My user account with your name and the barcode of the university identity card, so as to:
- See and renew the books that you have taken out on loan.
- Reserve books that are loaned to other users.
- Save searches under "favourites".
- Receive email alerts .
Librarians and library staff are available to help and assist users at all times with:
- Lending services : from the loan desks at all study rooms.
- Multimedia loans : Laptop computers, video projectors.
Users can request the following library services by filling in an e-service request form:
- Inter-library loans: documents that are unavailable at the Library.
- Purchase of bibliographic materials : book purchase suggestions.
- Bibliographic information : locate information, consult library resources ...
- User training : courses adapted to user needs (Library procedures, specialist sources, electronic resources, guided visits, informative talks...).
- Reservation of study rooms : for group work, audiovisual work...
The University Library as a learning environment
- Study rooms with open-access to library collections, reading rooms and newspaper libraries at all libraries and service points.
- Reference Room : in the General Library (ground floor).
- Group study rooms to prepare assignments and for audiovisual presentations.
- Individual study rooms in the General Library for users that are undertaking research projects, doctoral theses...
- Computer equipment : Computers, Microfilm readers, Scanners...
- Access to the wireless (Wifi) network from all Library Service Points and from the General Library.
- We prepare guides and tutorials on library services, electronic resources, information sources... accessible from the Library Website.
- News (noteworthy and of interest), Opening hours , Directory ... via our Web site.
- The Charter of Library Services sets out the mutual agreement between the Library and its users with the aim of providing quality services. Its purpose is to communicate the mission of the Library and the services it offers, as well as the procedures for user participation.
- Código UBU (The name of the exhibition space, situated on the ground floor of the General Library).
- Rest areas with drinks and snack dispensers.
All Libraries and Library Service Points
Monday - Friday 09:00 - 20:45 h.
Monday - Friday 08:00 - 20:45 h.
Saturday closed (except in exam periods)
From Monday to Friday
09:00 - 20:45 h.