Final Conference on the prevention of fraud in European Funds at University of Porto, on 17th and 18th June 2021
Final Conference Info:
Nowadays, corruption and money deviation have turn into frequent activities into the frame of European Union and most of these cases are related to public procurements and funds, such as European Regional Development Funds (ERDFs) and Cohesion Funds (CFs).
Authors are invited to take part in the Conference in Porto (17th and 18th June, 2021) about the prevention of Fraud in European companies and institutions organized by the Eumodfraud EU Research project and the Observatório de Economia e Gestão de Fraude (OBEGEF) with the purpose of gathering academics and practitioners to debate about the key issues around this topic.
- Prof. Ruth Aguilera (D’Amore-McKim School of Business at Northeastern University)
- Prof. Florencio López-de-Silanes (SKEMA Business School)
- Prof. Ilan Alon (School of Businnes and Law at the University of Adger)
Financial Support: This project was funded by the European Union's HERCULE III programme under the grant agreement No 878513. Hercule III Programme, Legal Training and Studies 2019 (HERCULE-LT-AG-2019).
Óscar López-de-Foronda (University of Burgos) Jorge Bento Farinha (University of Porto) Óscar Afonso (Univ. of Porto) and President of OBEGEF
+info, Project Coordinator:
- Prof. Óscar López-de-Foronda (University of Burgos).
- European Journal of Finance (Finance papers)
- Several cases related to corruption and fraud have occurred in different EU countries during the last years. These cases have arisen in both public and private organizations, and they highlight the importance of institutions and firms trying to prevent the misuse of funds. Moreover, organizations have to be aware of the effects that such practices might have when taking their financial decisions and they need to deal with it.
- European Journal of International Management (Management area) In recent years, different cases have arisen related to corruption and particularly fraud affecting several EU countries. As the literature notes, these cases are present in all types of organizations and institutions, both public and private, although both of them are related, demand side and supply side respectively (Bahoo, Alon and Paltrinieri, 2020). More information about the European Journal of International Management Special Issue .
Deadline for submission of papers to the Conference: April 30 th 2021
Paper Submission Procedures: Please send your paper by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline (30th April 2021). There is no charge for submission of papers to the conference.
Registration for the Conference without presenting a paper: Please express your willingness to attend the conference by sending your name, affiliation and contacts (email, phone) to email@example.com until 15 May, 2021. There is no charge for participating in the conference.