- The expected outcomes of NANOCOMP are:
- Propose harmonised Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and approaches for the characterisation of physicochemical properties of MCNMs and HARNs.
- Generation of new data on the biological events leading to adverse effects at molecular, organelle and cellular level (Adverse outcome pathway “AOP” approach).
- Transformation and (bio)degradability assessment of materials through imaging and spectroscopic analyses, understanding how the environment affects release, properties and agglomeration rates.
- To develop computational methods (quantum mechanics and molecular dynamics) for prediction of MCNMs and HARNs properties and nanodescriptors to be used in large scale models.
- To predict exposure, fate and behaviour of MCNMs and HARNs based on the adaptation and modification of existing strategies and models.
- Development of new SbD strategies to address the specificities of MCNMs and HARNs providing ad hoc risk control and mitigation tools.
- Provide solutions to implement the SbD strategies to companies (especially to SMEs) through related Open Innovation Test Beds (OITBs) and other dissemination channels.
Última actualización: 26 de Febrero de 2021