Accesible online environment for encouraging autonomous English language learning aimed at people with disabilities (EN-ABILITIES).
Erasmus+. Strategic Partnerships. Adult Education
José Luís González de Castro
Universidad de Burgos
- Prometeo Innovations Slne. Gijón. Spain. España
- Universidade de Aveiro. Aveiro. Portugal
- Sociedad Española de Asistencia Sociosanitaria de Valencia. Valencia. España. Spain
- Universitatea Dunarea de Jos Din Galati. Galati. Romania. Rumania
- Faculty for Special Education and Rehabilitation, University of Belgrade. Belgrado. Belgrade. Serbia.
- Dublin City University. Dublin. Ireland. Irlanda
30 months (01/09/2017 to 28/02/2020)
EN-ABILITIES proposes a comprehensive tool to facilitate the language learning of people with special needs. For that reason, this project contributes to the ERASMUS+ objectives and challenges, specifically promoting equality and inclusion of adults with SEN (Special Educational Needs).
The EN-ABILITIES primary objective is to develop tools aimed at encouraging autonomous language learning for adult students with SEN, in formal and no-formal education settings, implementing a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) and a new validated and evidence-based methodology and approach translated into practical guidelines for ICT and software developers and pedagogical guidelines for teachers.
The proposed method deploys a sequenced meaningful learning process, suitable for being adapted to each student. This technique will be integrated into the VLE together with agile and flexible resources.
Therefore, EN-ABILITIES provides an innovative approach to bring closer the language learning to adult students with SEN.