Waste Oils RecycLe and Development (WORLD)
Horizon 2020. Call: H2020-MSCA-RISE-2019. (Marie Skłodowska-Curie Research and Innovation Staff Exchange).
David Blanco Alcantara
POLITECNICO DI MILANO
- POLITECNICO DI MILANO
- UNIVERSITE DE SIDI BEL-ABBES* DJILLALI LIABES UNIVERSITY Algeria
- UNIVERSITE DU LITTORAL France
- UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI SASSARI Italy
- UNIVERSIDAD DE BURGOS Spain
- Consorzio per il Trasferimento Tecnologico Italy
- GESTTA MEDIO AMBIENTAL S.L Spain
48 months (01/10/2020 -1/10/2024)
The project WORLD aims to develop a virtuous green process for waste cooking oils (WCOs) recycling which applying a circular economy model. An innovative fast and zero-waste production of biolubricants from WCOs will be developed employing green and recyclable raw materials (water and natural bentonites). The wastewaters and the contaminated bentonites will be recycled in two independent sub-processes. In addition to the biolubricants production, the possibility to obtain a suitable medium for VOCs treatment from WCOs will be considered.