- Giteca (Research Group in Technology, Building, Construction and Architecture)
- IMAGE AND SOUND TECNICOL,SL. CIF: B80839046. Address: C/Oruro, 2 -28016 Madrid
- EUROFLYTEC AERONAUTICA , SL.CIF: B87871067. Address: C/Oruro, 2 -28016 Madrid
- ITCL(Instituto Tecnológico de Castilla y León). CIF: G09226606. Dirección: C. López Bravo, 70-Pol. Ind. Villalonquéjar -09001 Burgos
- Coordinator: Jose Manuel González Martín
- Research Group: GITECA (Research Group on Technology, Building, Construction and Architecture)
- Department: Department of Architectural Constructions, Building and Site Engineering
Motivation and context
Since 2018 we have been monitoring international and EU activity in relation to drone technology and specifically to applications in different areas of drone technology, in order to see how UBU can join the development of initiatives and programmes in this field.
In 2022 there are several general and specific elements that make it possible that at the present time the UBU can and should effectively initiate its strategy in the field of drone technology applications.
Although the UBU does not have a drone research group, there are several research groups that use drones as a method for their research (precision agriculture, renewable energies, heritage, sustainability, audiovisuals, etc.).
These can be a good basis for carrying out different R&D&I activities with an added value in focusing on the application of drone technology.
The main objective is to make the UBU an active player and protagonist at national and international level in the specific training and development of I+D+I projects and activities, as far as drone technology is concerned.
- Specialised training in civilian applications of drone technology.
- Development of specialised employability actions in this field.
- Strengthening of I+D+I projects and activities through the creation of a unique structure for research in civil applications of drone technology.
- General positioning of the UBU in this field at national and European level.
- University Expert Degree in Drone Piloting: this TP is already being taught at the UBU and a new edition is planned for 2022. It is proposed to develop 3 annual editions, one of them in Burgos and two in the approved facilities of our partner Euroflytec in Madrid.
- Own degree in Drone Maintenance: this TP would be newly created and there is no similar one at national level. It is intended to be carried out in Burgos and Madrid in 2023.
- Specialised training modules of short duration and high added value:
- Training module in Judicial Expertise with Drones
- Training module in audiovisual applications of drone technology
- Training module in drone thermography
It would run incrementally throughout 2023.
Starting in April 2023 (after Easter).