Spanish grades are based on a 0-10 scale, 5 being the minimun pass-grade. The scale is as follows.
Description of the Institutional Grading System:
- NO PRESENTADO = NP. The student did not sit the exam
- FAIL (FROM 0 TO 4,9). Considerable further work is required. The student must resit the exam.
- PASS (FROM 5 TO 6,9). Satisfactory knowledge of the contents.
- GOOD (FROM 7 TO 8,9). The student demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the course contents.
- EXCELLENT (FROM 9 TO 10). Outstanding performance.
- HONOURS (+ 9) = MH* Exceptional performance.
- APTO (PASS). Satisfactory performance in extracurricular activities.
*This grade is bestowed only exceptionally.