- Dates: June, 28h to July, 26th
- Levels: A2 & B1
- Length: 80 hours of Spanish + modules "in itinere" + cultural activities
- Credits: 12 ECTS
- Fees: 2.600 €
- Accommodation: Full board - single room
- Registration deadline: May 29th
- Registration form
- Experience Spanish in the 4 Universities of Castilla y León (3.81 MB)
According to the Instituto Cervantes, more than 577 million people speak Spanish. Experience, innovation and mastery in teaching Spanish is a level of excellence achieved by the four public universities of Castilla y León: University of Burgos, University of Valladolid, University of León, and University of Salamanca, the latter, one of the oldest modern universities. For the first time they join together to offer a Spanish course to experience Spanish language and Spanish culture, the excellence of 4 universities and 4 cities which happen to concentrate the largest World Heritage sites in Spain.
The four universities of CyL have designed and coordinated the following academic program for 4 weeks, with the teaching experience of the four of them. The aim of the program is to provide a comprehensive learning of Spanish Language and Culture.
Four week Spanish intensive course, whose main aim is to provide participants the required skills and knowledge to communicate within the level offered. The four basic skills will be covered, enhancing grammar and vocabulary within a communicative method. From the very beginning, participants will be using Spanish language, interacting with the rest of students and working in group.
ELE: 80 hour Spanish course, 20 hours in each university.
MODULES “IN ITINERE”:
University of Burgos
- The Cid's Exile Route: history, legend and literature
- Looking for the origins of Spanish Language – The Book Museum
- Pilgrim route: Way of Saint James, art, history and religion
University of Valladolid
- Religious sculpture in Castilla y León: XIII-XVIII centuries
- Valladolid in the XVI century: The heretic route (according to Miguel Delibes book)
- Spanish Art in the XX century: Museo Patio Herreriano collection
University of León
- Roman traces in León and its province
- Saint James Way in León
- From Romanesque to Gothic. Two Master pieces in León: San Isidoro and the Cathedral
University of Salamanca
- Living words: Salamanca and its influence in Spanish Literature from Renaissance to now.
- Spain and the contemporary world. Combined visit to the Historical Memory Documentary Centre and Casa Lis (Art Nouveau and Art Déco Museum)
- 800 years of History. History and academic horizons from the University of Salamanca.
Different cultural activities, visits, trips, will complete the course.